Monday, September 13, 2004

Monday Already?

I realized last night at about 11 that I hadn't blogged! Oh well. Weekends are usually so busy around here that there isn't time.

I dyed yesterday! YAY! I had some handspun Romney yarn--my first and unfortunately last--in natural color and I sort of splotch dyed it. I have 5 skeins (no idea of the yardage) and they look great. The predominant color is a sort of "cherry pie" looking reddish color. There are also splashes of gold, blue and green, but I got a little overzealous with the red. Next time, I want to go for more gold. I had intended to felt the yarn into a bag of some type, but husband and friends (who are spinners and knitters) think I should preserve the character of the yarn by knitting it into a small shawl or wrap. That is probably a good idea in case I ever get back on the spinning wheel!

I continued knitting on the Twinkletoes sock for my daughter and am down to the foot now--in the home stretch. I had her try it on and *gasp* it is too big. I guess this one will be for me, and I'll start a pair of Broadripples for her. Those are put aside for the moment, though, because I really need to finish that Making Waves sock for the 6 Sox KAL. I cast on and completed the cuff last night, so hopefully it won't take too long to whip it out. I'm using US 2.5 needles and sport weight yarn.

I've order another 2000 yards of yarn from lotusblossom--more Twinkletoes. I just love her colors!! The yarn is fun to work with, too, which I think is important. I have 4 different colorways coming and hope to be able to get 8 pair of socks out of that.

Oh, we got a call Friday after school that the field trip for daughter's class was cancelled. They hope to re-schedule later in the year. I think this is for the best. I checked the forecast today, and they are expecting thunderstorms all week at the coast. That doesn't mix well with kids sleeping in tents and kayaking in tidal creeks. Daughter is disappointed as I'm sure all the kids are. If the other parents are like me, they are breathing easier about this. I'd have worried sick about those kids! It will be good when hurricane season is over. What a bad year it's been for storms.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi,
I just wanted you to know that I paid you a visit after seeing your post on KR. Nice blog! As someone who is trying to learn socks, I'd love to see some pictures of yours!
Kerry (knittygirl)

9:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home