Wednesday, September 17, 2008

V-I-C-T-O-R-Y

I witnessed history last night, and it was so cool! The boys' soccer team from my daughter's HS beat their arch rivals 1-0. It was great! Last time our team beat theirs was 2005. We had fans screaming, moms texting their soccer player sons who were on the team last year and are now away at college, and excited teenage fans rushing the field at the end of the game. I would not have missed it for the world. I'm not a big sports fan except for HS sports. There is something special about watching people who are playing for the love of the game rather than seeing those over paid professional athletes or even the college teams. Go Cavs!!

Sorry there aren't any pictures. I forgot my camera, but then again, seeing as how I was on the edge of my seat all night, it's probably best that the camera stayed home.

The new car is still fabulous. It drives like a little dream. This is the smallest car we've ever owned, but it has the best ride, handling, and pickup of any vehicle we've had. I know we're still in the "honeymoon phase" with this car, but if it continues to be as great as it is now, I think we've become Volvo people. We did a lot of research on Volvo cars before making this purchase, and I think we made a very good decision.

Daughter has been driving on the interstate highway this week. She drove us all the way to school yesterday and today and drove home yesterday afternoon. It will be a while yet before she takes her road test and becomes an independent driver, but I'm feeling more confident about her taking that next step. I am concerned about the construction mess going on with the interstate. It's nuts out there, and unfortunately, the most direct route to school is the interstate. I don't even like driving out there, and I have been driving for almost 30 years!

There hasn't been a whole lot of knitting or crocheting going on. I really should finish up my Eyelet Cardi, but I'm so bored with it. :( I've been tempted to frog it, but it is sooo close to completion. Maybe I should set up some sort of reward system for myself for finishing the damned thing. Next time I'm tempted to make a primarily stockinette stitch anything, will somebody please beat some sense into me?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home