Tuesday, August 19, 2008

The Meaning of Life

It's been a long time since I posted last. Let's just say I've been enjoying having a life again and having that life not revolve around work and sitting in front of a computer. It's actually quite refreshing and something I hope to continue with after returning to gainful employment!

So....I've discovered the meaning of life. It's very simple actually, and you can discover it, too, if you just head to the beach, rent a bike, and ride your cares away. I cannot think of a more blissful experience (short of marrying my best friend back in 1987 or giving birth to our gorgeous daughter in 1993) than that.

Daughter and I had a wonderful week at the beach last week. We've made it a bit of a tradition to spend a week at HHI every summer for some mom-daughter bonding time. We usually do this the week before school starts and toss in some back to school clothes shopping at the outlet malls as well. I cherish this time with daughter. She's getting older by the second (aren't we all?) and slipping further and further away from me in her quest to be an adult. I hope that one day she'll have a daughter of her own and will be able to share one-on-one time with her own child.

Knitting, crocheting, spinning, and all things fibery are on hold. I've found other things that are taking my time and attention now such as the stack of great books I bought at our local library for just $1 or 50 cents each and this addictive little Nintendo game called Animal Crossing. I'll get back to the needlework eventually, but not right now.

Tomorrow, before the crack of dawn, I head out on a job interview. It's been great having the summer off, but I'm ready to start earning some money again. I do not like to worry about every penny I spend, and while we are not destitute, having two incomes in the family is essential. After all, we've got college to pay for in another few years. Wish me luck with the interview. I have a good feeling about this one and hopefully things will work out. Employers don't usually go to the time and expense of flying someone in to interview unless they are considering making an offer, so that's promising!

2 Comments:

Blogger Hockey Mom said...

Good luck! All my fingers and toes are crossed!

10:20 AM  
Blogger Jeannie said...

Best of luck, even though it's over already. Let us know how it goes!

BB!
~Jeannie

9:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home