Friday, September 05, 2008

Re-Joining the Working World

I GOT A JOB! Yes, it is true. I found out Wednesday night that the company I interviewed with a few weeks back has opened up some more management level positions in my region, and guess who they want to hire! I'm beyond thrilled. The job is a perfect fit for my skills and experience, and the company seems fantastic. I have a month before my start date, and I plan to enjoy my free time.

Life has been non-stop busy this week what with attending soccer games (daughter is cheering, not playing) and going to parents' night at school. It's going to be that kind of year, I think--just plain busy. At least the things we're doing are fun things.

Tomorrow, daughter may attend driving school. I just realized that it's required for a SC restricted license, and a nearby class happens to have an opening. The sessions include an 8 hour class and then an additional 6 hours of driving (in 2 hour blocks spread out over 3 days).

Life is nothing if not interesting!

8 Comments:

Blogger Hockey Mom said...

Yay! Congratulations! Enjoy your final month of freedom.

Can't wait to hear all about it.

2:55 PM  
Blogger Knit Witch said...

Congrats!!!!!!! That's awesome!

3:31 PM  
Blogger turtlegirl76 said...

Yay! Congrats on the new job!

6:03 PM  
Blogger dogquilter said...

Congrats on the job! Sounds like more yarn and fibery stuff is in your future.

I was relieved when my son took drivers ed (at least my nerves weren't going haywire) and they even did his drivers test with him. Good luck to your daughter I'm sure she will enjoy it.

7:07 PM  
Blogger Zonda said...

Congratulations!!! Yes, enjoy your time off :)

12:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay Donna! That is wonderful news. :))))

4:07 PM  
Blogger Beverly said...

Congrats! Welcome back to the 9 to 5 world.

8:50 PM  
Blogger Robin said...

I'm so happy for you!!! Now, as you go back to work -- think about us. We found out last week that my husband's plant is closing the end of November. He's been with them for 36 years.

5:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home