Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Waiting is a Bitch

I'm currently waiting ever so (im)patiently to hear about a job interview I had last Wednesday. The job sounds perfect for me, and the company is good, too--great benefits. I wish they'd make a decision soon! Many of my friends who were caught in the layoff this summer have already either gone back to work, found jobs, or decided this was a good time for a career change and are going back to school to learn new things. I'm anxious to get back to work soon, too.

We enjoyed this past weekend at the beach. The weather was nasty Friday on our drive down and again on Sunday, but Saturday was just gorgeous, except for strong surf and winds on the beach. We rented bikes anyway and enjoyed a couple of rides along the beach and also did some swimming in the ocean. We went down to South Beach and Harbourtown in the afternoon and looked in the shops. It was a fun, relaxing weekend. Husband and I have decided that our retirement dream is to sell our house and beach villa and buy a home in Sea Pines. I could be happy downsizing if it meant we'd get to spend 365 days a year at the beach. Husband found a sign that sums up my feelings on the matter: "If you are lucky enough to be at the beach, you are lucky enough."

I've done no knitting or crocheting in weeks, but I did pull out the sewing machine yesterday afternoon. Does sewing a torn zipper on a sleeping bag count? Daughter is going on her annual class retreat this week, and our sleeping bag zipper had come loose from the bag itself in a spot. I managed to get it fixed up good as new, so she will be set.

3 Comments:

Blogger Knit Witch said...

Waiting to hear about jobs is so frustrating!!! Good luck!!!

Oh, and living at the beach sounds perfect to me.....except for all those hurricane thingies.

11:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Job fairy dust to you. I spent a few months waiting for a position to want me, and just started a fortnight ago. Not only did I again get a job in a yarn shop, but I have a most amazing boss, and soon get to help open a second location.

It pays to wait. We spend too much time doing work to hate getting up every morning. Hang in there.

8:22 PM  
Blogger turtlegirl76 said...

I'll cross all my appendages for you! I hope you hear soon!

9:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home