Tuesday, November 09, 2004

Have You Ever Been To Paradise?

It was so hard to leave the beach Sunday afternoon. We've been moaning around the past two days wishing we were there. This is the best time of year to be at the beach--no tourists! Here's a view from our living room window. We can sit on the sofa and see the ocean and hear the waves.


I'm beginning to think the slippers and purse I felted last week are never going to dry. They are still damp. I've had them sitting on the dryer since Thursday. Here's how they look. I'm not sure they are going to fit my brother, but they will fit someone in the family!

I finished spinning the last batt of fiber I got from Grafton Fibers. Here's the batt:

and here's how the yarn looked on the bobbin:

I plied it last night, but it's still on the bobbin waiting to be skeined and set. I'm impressed with how well the yarn turned out (patting own back!), but I know that I need to work on my consistency.

I am currently working on a little project for my secret pal. I hope she likes it! I would tell you what it is....but I don't want to spoil the surpise in case my pal is reading this!

2 Comments:

Blogger Amie said...

That batt is yummy and pat that back of yours again - your spinning is gorgeous! Beautiful beautiful beautiful!!!

10:15 AM  
Blogger Lori said...

wow that spinning is gorgeous!

1:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home