Wednesday, November 10, 2004

Mid-Week Ramblings

I was asked today to help with the planning committee for the Spring Art Fair at daughter's school. She is in a private school which includes pre-school through grade 12. Last year was the first year for the fair, and they featured all types of art--drama, music, painting, sculpture, pottery, you name it. This year, thanks to our family, there should be fiber art represented, too. I've already asked if any of our local fibery friends want to be involved. I'm really excited about this!

Sunday our fiber group meets and will celebrate our first anniversary. I'm planning to take some goodies, and I believe others will as well. We can eat, visit, and do our crafts. What could be more fun?

Husband is busily producing some more spindles. It seems Wilde Fibre has sold all that he'd supplied them and need more! How wonderful! He is also going to help get some fiber together for Jennifer to sell in her store. We're going to visit our friend here who raises angora goats and get some goodies from her for the store. She has wonderful mohair and does some very nice blends. I'll have to take some pictures to show you. I've not had the pleasure yet of spinning any of her mohair, but I'm hoping to buy some from her. Husband sold some on e-bay for her, and it was a big hit!

Speaking of e-bay, I have some sari silk waste coming. I wanted to try spinning it. I really like the look of the yarn and want to see what I can come up with. The fiber is coming all the way from Canada. I hope it doesn't take too long to get here.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You can never tell how fast you will get something in the mail. I ordered something from New Zealand once and got it in a little over a week - it takes that long sometimes for domestic mail. We also bought something off e-bay from China or Japan (don't remember which) - it was shipped on Monday and we got it that Friday that same week! So there is hope.
Carolyn
http://carolynh.tblog.com

10:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am a new member of the "spinning wheel" group so I am just checking out all the sites. Your spinning is great. I am so impressed that you have a family of spinners.

Susan
http://www.zenknit.com/blog

4:05 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

I've been mailing secret pal packages to {mumble, mumble} USA, and the packages have been taking about a week to get there.

8:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home