Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Picture Day

Here is a photo of the vintage mohair that I found at the thrift store recently.

I have no idea what I'll do with it, but it was too good a deal to pass up! All this for just $3. There are a couple of tiny bits of angora in the left hand side of the photo.

Here are some mice that I'm going to felt for the cats. The yarn is handspun from some fiber samples Danielle at NoNoKitty sent me to test spin this summer. Aren't the colors nice? That stripe in the green mouse was pure coincidence, but I think it gives him character!

The fiber was nice to spin. Danielle does some beautiful things with color! Check out her yarns for sale on her web site.

Finally, here is some lovely handspun bulky yarn made by husband, another person with a real flair for color. He enjoyed blending up this fiber on his new drum carder. I immediately claimed these two skeins. The photo does not do it justice! Husband is going to be teaching a dyeing class this week at our new LYS.


I finally finished Cozy on Sunday but need to block her. I also felted daughter's hat that I knitted for her a month or so ago. It turned out great! On the needles right now are a pair of red boot socks for my brother's birthday. I'm using Knitpicks Wool of the Andes for the socks, and they are looking great! Pictures coming soon!

1 Comments:

Blogger amylovie said...

Thank you for the pictures. I was wondering if you were still alive. :)

Beautiful yarns all around.

Amy

1:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home