Wednesday, October 19, 2005

The Best Thing I've Ever Done

The best thing I've ever done in my life (and probably the best thing I ever will do) is have my daughter. She is the light of my life, even when she's being an annoying adolescent! :-) She called me today (to say she's forgotten her knee pads and inquire if I can please bring them to the volleyball game this afternoon) and hearing her voice on the phone made my day. Of course, said knee pads are nowhere to be found in that bedroom, so off to the sporting goods store I'll be later today! She needed new knee pads anyway.

Cozy is coming along. I completed 4 pattern repeats (that is 32 rows) last night. I have a skein and a half more yarn left. Will I finish by Monday morning in time to wear Cozy to my meeting? I don't think so, but I'll keep plugging away.

We are off to SAFF this weekend. I'm kind of looking forward to it and kind of not. What do we possibly need??? I'm sure we'll find something to bring home. As long as it isn't a living thing, that's fine by me.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

HI Donna! Hope to see you at SAFF. (I emailed you just now.)

I don't plan on coming home with any living things- too big. I'm just glad that they don't have chickens, because with this current chicken obsession, we would have some before we move to the new house!

5:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I completely agree about the offspring. My two are the best things that ever happened to me!

I hear you on the critters, too. My daughter is an animal lover, and I know we're going to have the Rabbit Fight: "But I promise, Mom, I'll keep it in my room! The cats won't hurt it and I'll keep the cage clean... Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeze!!!!"

If you hear that at SAFF, look around and you'll see me!

7:06 PM  
Blogger Sherry W said...

When I got Marayland sheep and wool I want to seriously smuggle some Alpacas out. Some of the sheep are cute too!!!

10:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Last year was the first time that my sheep weren't at SAFF... but I've yet to come home without a bunny... although this year we're saying that we WILL NOT come home with another... although... we do have that spare cage... hmmm and what's one more when we already have 13?

Hope to see you there!

Shea

2:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home