Sunday, October 16, 2005

Uninspired

The title of this post pretty much describes my outlook on life in general these days--uninspired, just going through the motions. I don't know why. Maybe I'm tired.

I was in Chattanooga this past week on business. I'd hoped to get over to Genuine Purl, but that didn't happen. Maybe next time. Of course, now that we have a real yarn shop in town, I don't feel quite the need to visit every other one in existence anymore.

SAFF is this coming weekend, and frankly, I could not care less. I'm not necessarily looking forward to it. What do we possibly need?? It's just one more thing on the to do list as far as I'm concerned. I would skip it entirely except for the fact that I have to fly out to DC on Sunday, and my ticket is already booked with an Asheville departure. Oh well.

Speeking of DC, I'll be there all week after next, so there won't be any blogging. And how exactly is that different from the past several weeks? Well, I was here in SC and there was still no blogging!

Cozy is coming along. I'm half way done with her, and she is lovely. Will she be done in time for SAFF? Fat chance!

Daughter was out of school Thursday and Friday for parent/teacher conferences. I took off Friday to meet with her teachers. I got good reports on grades and her participation and preparedness for class. Apparently, my child is a joy to have in class. Now there's something to be happy about. Daughter and I celebrated by going out to lunch and then going fall clothes shopping for her. We found some great deals. The kid knows the value of shopping the sale racks. I've taught her well.

Saturday, we hit Goodwill and bought her a dress for Halloween. She's going as a good witch. We found a great formal dress (two piece, tea length, deep cranberry wine color) for $9.99. We got a witch hat and some fabric for a spooky shawl at Wal Mart. The fabric is shimmery with a spider web, moon, and stars kind of woven design. The fabric changes color in the light as you move it around--kind of holographic, I guess?

Oh, husband has a new toy. He found a great deal on a drum carder--a Strauch. Someone had purchased it then decided she didn't want it. It's never been out of the box and is in pristine condition. I think he's enjoying it.

1 Comments:

Blogger amylovie said...

With all that you've mentioned going on in your life, I bet that your lack of inspiration is due to being tired. I hope you will be able to take some time for yourself soon.

Amy

12:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home