Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Three Cheers for Fuzzy Mabel

I'd debated last week about whether or not to make an hour long drive to my favorite not so LYS. My mission was to buy more of my favorite Inox straight needles. Knowing that I'd spend much more than the cost of the needles, I decided the safe route was to order them on line and resist the temptations that great LYS holds. Carolyn has spoken favorably about Fuzzy Mabel in the past, so when I found them via Googling Inox Needles, I decided to give them a try.

My package arrived today, and boy am I impressed. The priority mail shipping box was stuffed with nice lavendar tissue paper cradling another tissue paper wrapped bundle. Inside that bundle were my needles tucked safely inside a plastic bag. Wow. It was like opening a birthday present! To my dismay, three of my needles that were supposed to be 12 inches in length were actually 14 inches. I made a call to the store to tell them about this, and the nice lady who answered said she's shipping out my correct needles along with a mailing label (postage paid) so that I can return the incorrect needles. How's that for customer service? I'll definitely be shopping with Fuzzy Mabel again. They are on St. Simons Island in GA, and if I ever make it there, a trip to the store is on my must do list!

I had a nice morning at our LYS today--Knit Together. I stopped in for some DPNs for husband and ended up getting to help put up the Christmas tree and decorate it. The store carries some inspirational gifts including some ornaments, so we put on some of those, draped some sample scarves on the tree, and topped it with a knitted cap. I must say it is the best dressed tree in town! If time permits, I'm going to whip up some mini socks to take back over there. Daughter got into the act by arranging some gift item Harrisville knitting and weaving kits under the tree. Knit Together is such a comfortable place. It's like Cheers without the alcohol--everybody knows your name, and they're always glad to see you. If you ever find yourself in Augusta, do stop in to see the ladies at Knit Together.

I'm making mini sweaters for teddy bears. I swore not to do any Christmas knitting, and I don't consider this a breach of my promise to myself. If I get the sweaters made in time for Christmas, then the neices and nephews will get dressed stuffed animals as part of their gift. If I don't get the sweaters made, then they'll get au natural stuffed animals!

3 Comments:

Blogger amylovie said...

That is fantastic customer service. I plan to emulate it!

I love the idea of the knit hat as a tree topper. I'm putting that one in my mental file.

Amy

6:28 PM  
Blogger Jane said...

Fuzzy Mabel is on St. Simons? Another reason to love going there - soon, I hope! Happy Thanksgiving.

6:53 PM  
Blogger Carolyn said...

I am glad you had a good impression of Cynthia (Fuzzy Mabel). She really does have a nice shop. And, if you get to St. Simons, you really MUST get by to see me too!

7:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home