Friday, November 03, 2006

Warm Feet Required

I heard the weather was supposed to cool off here this weekend, so of course I started thinking about keeping my feet warm. When my feet get cold, I'm just miserable. Felted slippers are great at keeping feet warm, so I decided to give Fuzzyfeet one last try.

This is not a pattern I particularly like. I don't find it to be very well written, and I've not had success with it turning out consistently in the past. I was pleasantly surprised this time with my slippers (third time is the charm, eh?), but I'm still not impressed with the pattern as a whole. Many people think this is a great beginning sock knitter pattern, but if I'd not had previous sock knitting experience, I'd not have understand a few sections of the pattern instructions.

I will say this about Fuzzyfeet--they work up fast. How can they not with Lamb's Pride and size 10.5 needles? I finished off the knitting in about 4 hours total, felted the slippers last night, and have them drying today. I should be wearing them tonight. I'll try to get a photo for you--they are in the color Blue Blood Red or something like that. It's one of my favorite Lamb's Pride colors.

I am now impatiently waiting for an order from The Woolery!! Yep....a new wheel is rolling my way. That means we are going to be selling the Kromski, most likely. Gotta make room for the newbies!

2 Comments:

Blogger Sherry W said...

My fuzzyfeet from you came out great, I still wear them!!

4:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Could you email me how much your asking for the Kromski? I love the Polonaise (that's the one you got right?). That's Jim's favorite wheel too :)

Shea

11:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home