Friday, December 22, 2006

Christmas Meme

1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? I like both, but I prefer homemade to the mix cocoa. Ditto homemade egg nog. The store bought kind is way too sweet and slimy!

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? Santa is too busy to wrap presents. He needs to spend that time making toys, not worrying about gift wrapping!

3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? I like both, but my preference is colored lights. We put white lights on the tree this year, and it looks really cold and blah in my opinion.

4. Do you hang mistletoe? No, but I used to. It's not readily available where we live now, but when I was a kid, it grew in the trees in our yard.

5. When do you put your decorations up? Usually the second weekend in December which just happens to coincide with our wedding anniversary. I want the tree down and out of the house as soon as possible after Christmas, though, and have been known to take it down on Christmas Day! It absolutely must be out of the house no later than New Year's Eve.

6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)? I don't have a favorite that isn't a dessert! Christmas cookies are my favorite, especially my mom's special recipe sugar cookies.

7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child: One Christmas morning my brother and I found "reindeer" hoof prints in our front yard! We were so excited. In actuality, the prints were from white tail deer that lived in the woods behind our house.

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? I had a feeling about Santa from the time I was 7 or 8. I still played along, though, because 1. you get more gifts when you believe in Santa and 2. I have a brother who is about 5 years younger than I am.

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? No, not usually. As a child, we opened gifts with my grandparents on Christmas Eve.

10. How do you decorate your Christmas Tree? I have a jumble of ornaments that we've collected over the years. Some are ornaments my parents sent me for my tree when I was in college. We have a large collection of Precious Moments figurines, too. I started collecting these for my daughter her first Christmas. We're up to 14 ornaments now.

11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? I like snow well enough, but I'm glad that I don't have to deal with it on a routine basis.

12. Can you ice skate? No.I'm completely uncoordinated.

13. Do you remember your favorite gift? As a kid? No....I can't think of anything that really stands out in my mind.

14. What’s the most important thing about the Holidays for you? Spending time with my husband and daughter.

15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert? Christmas cookies, especially Mom's sugar cookies.

16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? I don't have one.

17. What tops your tree? Nothing is on top of our tree this year. We had an angel, but I really don't like her anymore....

18. Which do you prefer giving or receiving? Both. I don't care for shopping, but I like giving people things. I know that doesn't quite make sense!

19. What is your favorite Christmas Song? Anything Amy Grant sings. She has a beautiful voice.

20. Candy Canes… Yuck or Yum? They look pretty on the tree, but I end up tossing them all away about March! Who can eat that much candy??

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas to you and Donald and Emily!!!
We are safely up in Atlanta, so I am a little out of the blogging scene just now. I just wanted to let you know I'm thinking of you. ;)

1:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home