Sunday, December 17, 2006

Winding Down

The countdown until my Christmas vacation is now 3 more work days to survive. *edited out pure, unadulterated bitching about job. I realize my job is really a dream come true. It could be better, yes, but it could be a whole hell of a lot worse! Thank god for a college education is all I've got to say.*

Daughter and I went to the movies yesterday and had a great time. We saw The Holiday starring Jack Black, Kate Winslett, Carmen Diaz, and Jude Law. It was fantastic. Ladies, I think this one is a chick flick, so leave your man at home and either grab your best girlfriend like I did or go to the theatre by yourself. This is the first time I've truly liked Jack Black in a movie. He was so good in this one that I just wanted to pinch those chubby cheeks!

On the knitting front I've come to the insane conclusion that immediate family must have a little something knitted as part of their Christmas gift. What the bloody hell am I thinking?? Husband has taken care of his mom and dad--a beautiful mohair shawl for her and a pair of Fuzzy Feet for him. I finished up a quick and easy cheap yarn shawl for my grandmother. She's all about the color and the feel than she is about the yarn quality, so she'll love it. Bonus--she can wash it in the machine. I completed a ribbon yarn scarf for mom using some of that Lion Brand ribbon yarn that has been in the stash for a couple years now. I just need to weave in the ends. That just leaves brother dear. I think that he needs an Alien Illusion Scarf. I'm not sure why I think this.....I picked up the yarn yesterday and hope to cast on this afternoon. Wish me luck!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hear you, dear!! I am going to be hanging in there 3 more days too. It will be nice to "forget about stuff" for awhile.

Good luck getting the family stuff finished!! I am finishing up my 3rd Forest Canopy gift shawl this evening. (That will make 4 in all I have made - whew!!)

5:59 PM  
Blogger amylovie said...

I did the Alien scarf for my baby bro a couple of years ago. He absolutely loved it. I'm sure yours will too.

Amy

9:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home