Sunday, December 10, 2006

Lazy Sunday

We've had a lazy Sunday today which is just what we all needed after the Super Spectacular Saturday!

Daughter's Christmas formal was last night, and it was a day full! Her social partner came over to our house, and I made a fabulous and fancy dinner for all of us to kick off the start to a celebratory evening. It was a day of work to get the house in order and get the meal prepared, but it was well worth the effort. I broke out my Best of Biltmore cookbook and made us filet mignon with shitake mushroom and red wine sauce, green beans with caramelized onion. I also prepared Emeril's kicked up mashed potatoes which are loaded with sharp cheddar cheese, bacon crumbles, and green onion. We washed it all down with sparkling grape juice and had creme brulee for dessert. I tried to make dinner extra special for the kids (and for husband and me!) by using our formal china (Lennox Charleston) and our crystal. We even had candle light. I think the kids were more impressed by our nice dinner at home than they would have been by a noisy restaurant.

The dance, by all accounts, was fantastic. All the girls were beautiful in their long gowns and the boys were handsome in suits and ties. Of course, I think daughter was the most beautiful girl there and her date was the most handsome young man. I'm only a little biased. I won't post a photo, because I don't think it's fair of me to post a picture of someone else's child.

After the dance, 8 couples and their parents met at one family's house for a little Christmas cheer. We had a nice time visiting and eating. It was well into the wee hours by the time we got home, but it was a night to remember. I hope daughter will cherish these memories for a long time to come.

Exams start on Tuesday, then school is out for Christmas vacation on Thursday morning. Yay! I think we're all looking forward to it. As for my schedule, just 8 more working days until my vacation starts, but who's counting? I don't go back to work until after the new year.

I finished up my angora mitts this morning. I'm pleased with the way they turned out. They are so soft and warm! I'll try to get a picture of them later in the week.

We got the tree and living room decorated on Friday night. It looks OK, except I'm not happy with the white lights we used this year. The tree looks a little bland and cold with those lights. Next year, it's colored lights for sure.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You all have created some wonderful lifetime memories for each of you. It's great that you all were able to share the experience as a family.

6:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home