Thursday, November 16, 2006

The Power of One

One stitch. It doesn't seem like a lot...just one tiny little stitch. That's all it takes to throw off a lace pattern, though, and it's kind of hard in my limited lace knitting experience to fix that kind of error. Fix it I did, though, and my Forest Canopy is now well on her way to being completed. There is also now a life line neatly tucked into place. Later today, I need to knit the border and then do the bind off and there you go. I'll try to take a picture. I did promise photos at some point this week.

Here's a little tip for those of you using KnitPicks Options needles or Boye Needlemaster. See that tiny little hole in the needle where you are supposed to tighten the join between the cable and needle tip with the key supplied in your needle set? Did you know that if you thread a piece of fine yarn or dental floss through that hole, you can very easily knit in a life line? The line doesn't get tangled into your stitches but glides along with the needle cable. Try it!

2 Comments:

Blogger Beverly said...

I guess I'm a slow learner. I still don't use a life line. That's neat tip for threading the line.

6:55 PM  
Blogger Carolyn said...

Wow, that sounds like a painless way to get a lifeline in there!! I can't wait to see pictures of your shawl.

7:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home