Tuesday, July 29, 2008

I'm Going to Bootcamp!

Yes, you read that right. I'm heading off to bootcamp in October--belly dance bootcamp that is. I've been muddling this over for a few weeks now, and it happens that the workshop falls the same weekend as homecoming at my daughter's school. You moms can probably relate that we always seem to sacrifice for our kids, and all too often they don't appreciate our efforts. This just causes us to feel sad and let down. Well, I'm avoiding that altogether in this instance by devoting the entire weekend to me for a change. I've dreamed of being a belly dancer for years. Daughter and I have been to a few lessons the past couple of months, and that's been great fun. It's also shown me that dancing is not easy! My mind knows what my body should be doing, but getting the body to cooperate is another thing entirely. I've talked to Jeannie about some private lessons, and maybe that combined with an intensive weekend of training will get me more comfortable with my body and the moves involved in dancing. I'm hopeful!

The three of us and daughter's boyfriend went to a great dance exhibition at the local library tonight. The fantastic dancers from Alchemy performed. They were so good. You can tell by watching them that they truly enjoy what they're doing.

1 Comments:

Blogger Beverly said...

Belly-dance boot camp. That should be a hoot.

7:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home