Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Doing It On the Cheap

I picked up a few crafty goodies yesterday and was able to save money on just about everything thanks to the Sunday sale paper coupons. My first stop was Jo-Ann where I found a nice little case for my crochet hooks. It's smaller than I had in mind, but it will do just fine for now. I also found safety eyes for stuffed animals. My friend Jeannie mentioned that Jo-Ann had them, and since I'm becoming addicted to amigurumi, these were a must.

A couple of weeks ago when we visited The Courtyard yarn shop in Hilton Head, one of the owners showed me an ad for a new book called Amigurumi World: Seriously Cute Crochet. I've been on the look out for the book locally and finally found it at Michaels. Thank goodness for the 40% off coupon, because I got this book for less than Amazon's price, and I didn't have to wait for shipping. The projects are so cute! I can't decide which one to make first.

Here are some photos of my new loot:



Another of my favorite passtimes is playing video games on my Nintendo DS. I got my first DS (a pink one which was given to daughter) and 3 games through a swap on Ravelry a few months ago. Most recently, I've swapped yarn for the game Zelda and the Phantom Hourglass and the guidebook (cheat book) for the game. I'm currently invovlved in another swap for the game Animal Crossing which I believe is a Sims type game. Both of these games are ones I wanted but hadn't purchased yet. The sell for around $25-$30 each, so swapping yarn that had been in the stash for a while and paying to ship that to my swap partners was well worth it to me.

Daughter and I are still working on her bathroom renovation. I got side tracked by other things and also had to wait for husband to take down the door and trim the bottom of it before I could paint it. I finished painting the trim work yesterday, so now all we have to do is get the towel bars hung up and hang a new cabinet. Daughter has decided that she doesn't want to put the door back up, so we're thinking of making a curtain to cover the door. Before you go thinking she's going to have no privacy, let me tell you that her bathroom is accessible only through her bedroom. If her bedroom door is closed, she's got all the privacy in the world. Daughter's bathroom is about the size of a large walk-in closet, so taking the door off will give her more space in there or at least the illusion of more space. We were not successful in finding fabric at Jo-Ann yesterday, so maybe Wal Mart will have something she likes.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jeannie said...

Heya!

The next time we get together, I'm going to bring my copy of Creepy Cute Crochet for you to check out. It's got some really fun ami patterns. :) Yay for fun, quick projects!

BB!
~Jeannie

10:36 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I have Animal Crossing... it's cute. You have to complete tasks to earn money to do stuff. If you have a friend that also has the game you can visit their world too. It's neat, Sophie and I play it in the car a good bit.

If you're playing Zelda you might like the Final Fantasy series too. We're huge FF fans here!

I'm playing Spyro right now.

2:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home