Tuesday, November 30, 2004

Patrick Loves Me

We've decided that Patrick bunny likes me more than he likes husband. If you recall, husband is the family bunny groomer, but Patrick has tinkled on husband at every grooming attempt. We decided it might be best for me to learn to groom Patrick. I'm happy to report a most successful and enjoyable grooming session with no tinkling! We tag teamed Patrick who seemed to really enjoy sitting on my lap and being plucked. I think he likes plucking better than combing. Patrick is a gorgeous red bunny and just the sweetest thing. He's typical boy, though. He's so playful and has an almost mischievous twinkle in his eyes.

We only did a partial groom tonight--just the back--and that took half an hour. Patrick is a big fiber producer, more so than Phoebe. Their coats are a lot different, too. Patrick has a crimp to his hair, while Phoebe has no crimp but a high sheen. We'll probably groom Patrick's tummy tomorrow night. I felt like he'd had enough tonight and didn't want to attempt the bunny flip when he was in such a good mood.

I made a trip to In Stitches today to visit with Barbara for a few minutes and pick up some needles. I really like the Plymouth needles that Barbara carries. They are so smooth. I bought a circular needle and the matching DPNs to use for a hat.

My current knitting work in progress is a hat for one of the nephews. This one is in a mossy green yarn, and it will be decorated with dinosaur buttons. I think nephew (who is 4 years old) will like it.

Today is Amie's birthday! Stop over and wish her a happy one, and while you are there, listen to the great birthday song her brother left on her voice mail! Happy Birthday, Amie!

1 Comments:

Blogger Amie said...

Thank you! What a lovely surprise! I was just enjoying hearing about Patrick (and fantasizing that you had so much fiber you didn't know what to do with so you were sending it to everyone on the Spinning Wheel who's birthdays were yesterday) and then pow! A sweet little RAOK surprise! Thanks!

Yes, my brother is terrific, and my husband's not so bad either...

10:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home