Friday, November 26, 2004

Happy Thanksgiving

I'm posting tonight from my very favorite place on earth--Hilton Head Island. Daughter and I have been here since Tuesday afternoon, and we are having a great time. I can't think of a place I'd rather be.

We spent today in Savannah, first stopping off at Wilde Fibre to see Jennifer and tempt her with some fiber and spindles for the shop. I think she was pleased! I bought a new felting pattern while we were there--a day pack pattern by Two Old Bags. I can't wait to work on that.

After the fibering, we did the touristy bit by visiting River Street and the yummy River Street Sweets. We saw a great commedian (I assume he was a commedian) because I was about to wet myself from laughing so hard!) performing on the street. He was on a very tall unicycle and was juggling and joking at the same time. I hated to leave, but poor husband was cold. We had to move on and find him a place to warm up. Did I mention the weather turned cool today? It was great!!

On the drive back to HHI from Savannah, I saw a dolphin jump in the river. My day is always complete when I see a dolphin. I love those animals. We also saw a spectacular full moon. It was beautiful. It could also explain some of the very strange behavior daughter has been exhibiting. It's either the full moon or pre-teen hormones!

I finished the BZZZZZZZZ hat from Stitch 'n Bitch Nation. It turned out much larger and fuller fitting than it looks in the pattern. Hmmm. My gauge looks right; I used the correct weight yarn and size needles. It is a bit loose, but it looks great on daughter. I'll post pictures when we are back home.

We've seen a couple of good movies this week. We of course bought the Harry Potter 3 DVD on Wednesday and watched it that night. It was great!! We have all the DVDs and books and have read all the books. I really do want to re-read them. Tonight we watched Elf. It was cute, but it isn't one of those "gotta own" movies as far as I'm concerned. If you're looking for a "gotta own" Christmas movie, in my opinion, you should get "A Christmas Story".

1 Comments:

Blogger Carolyn said...

Umm, ermmm... you didn't happen to leave off some yummy rainbow dyed blue-faced leicester and some wool/mohair/silk blend for her to sell? Well, if you did, she sold it to me today!! Yes, I finally made it up there, and it is an awesome place. And you are right - Jennifer is such a darling.

3:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home