Wednesday, December 01, 2004

Wednesday is Picture Day

I'm past due in sharing pictures with you, but today is makeup day. Let's start with one from last week's school musical. It's all about the poodle skirt!

The kids were great. I must say that daughter has great stage presence. Here's this 11 year old girl on stage in front of a few hundred parents and grandparents showing absolutely no nervousness. She delivered her lines wonderfully. You could really believe she was Mary Lou, a typical 1950s high school girl. OK...so I'm her mother. Maybe I'm just a tiny bit biased. There were quite a few people coming up to her afterward saying what a great job she'd done, and not all these people were relatives either!

The next few shots were taken at the beach during Thanksgiving break. Here's one of daughter trying to escape from the waves. That water was cold! It was pretty darned windy on the beach, too, as you can tell by that hair.


We enjoy the beach in fall and winter, because we can get away with feeding the seagulls a few crumbs without annoying anyone. Isn't this a great shot? Look at that sky! Gorgeous!


Finally, here's a shot of the "shell seekers." I don't know why we need to collect all these shells, but we seem to come back with a pocket full after every walk. You can see the completed Bzzzz Hat from Stitch 'n Bitch Nation in this photo. Daughter loves it! I think it turned out too big, but she loves it.


Look what I found today! Kitty nap time. On the left is Mocha and on the right is the often camera shy Rebecca.


I will likely complete one of the Christmas gift hats tonight. Last night I worked up to the point where I have to start decreasing. I'm pleased with the results so far. I'm using Ann Budd's Knitter's Handy Book of Patterns, one of my favorite books!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home