Tuesday, January 04, 2005

Christmas Pictures

I know you've been waiting anxiously for pictures. Carolyn, I never found that Christmas spirit--hope you did! We tried! Here's the cute little gingerbread house daughter made. I bought the Wilton kit several years ago and kept it in the freezer. We had a good time making the house, and I think she did a pretty good job decorating it. How do you like those bay leaf trees?


Here's the little tree we put up at the beach house. It's a fiber optic tree and actually much prettier than the photo shows. We have it decorated with some shells we collected on the beach last year. I'm not sure why the wall looks all splotched in this photo. Yes, we need to paint, but the wall doesn't look that bad in person.


When we were in Black Mountain, NC in mid December, my mom found a nice chenille scarf that she liked. It was $60, though, which was a bit out of her price range. Husband decided he could make a similar scarf as a surprise Christmas gift for Mom. This was his first project on our floor loom. The scarf turned out great (unfortunately we don't have finished object photos) and Mom loved it! Here's a photo of the scarf in progress on the loom.


Last, but certainly not least, here's my little Kiwi! I've only spun on it once, but I really like it. I'm surprised at how well the little thing spins.


We tried not to get all materialistic about Christmas, and I think we succeeded in that respect. I've got to tell you the most wonderful story. The best gift I got this year was a pair of bunny slippers (gray) and some pajama pants from daughter. These were great for me, because I like practical gifts that I can use. The bonus and the thing that nearly brought me to tears was hearing from husband that daughter paid for these gifts with her own money she'd earned for doing chores and been given as birthday and other occassion gifts from family members. What a kid we have. She is just one in a million.

4 Comments:

Blogger Carolyn said...

Woo woo, nice pictures - all of them. The gingerbread house is adorable, as is your new spinning wheel. And, Donald did a great job with the scarf ;)

12:26 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I gained another pound just looking at the "house"...but well worth it :)

The scarf is gorgeous, it looks like he used silk...what is the fiber? Can't imagine how inspiring it would be to have "creative" hubby...lucky you!

5:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like y'all had a wonderful Christmas... great looking wheel and a beautiful gingerbread house!

Shea

10:23 AM  
Blogger Amie said...

I like the Sock Set of needles a lot - they're very bendy, as someone commented, but it was really only a concern on my first few rows when I was picking up stitches from a cast on that were a little snug... once I got a few rows in and loosened up, they flex just right (I did a toe up little square cast on)

1:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home