Wednesday, December 15, 2004

How About Walnut?

I sanded all the pieces of my Kiwi last night and tonight I guess is stain night. Husband bought me a can of some sort of Danish oil stain. You can tell I know a lot about woodworking. The stain is in a walnut color. I chose the walnut for a couple of reasons. 1. It matches my new niddy noddy. 2. The color choices were natural, oak, and walnut. Because the wheel itself is MDF, I didn't think natural would look good. Oak seems like it would be a reddish tint, which I didn't want. I hope that I can use this stuff indoors, because it's really cold out on the porch. I am anxious to get the wheel stained so that tomorrow night I can apply the paste wax (hoping one coat of oil stain will be sufficient) and get the wheel put together by the weekend. I really expected husband to be doing all this work for some reason, but I know that once my wheel is together, I'll be proud to have been the one to make it beautiful.

Carolyn, I'm still looking for that Christmas spirit. It's behaving somewhat like that sneeze that just won't come out! It starts sneaking up and just when you think "this is it," it's gone again!

Lissa, unfortunately I'm not close to your area, or I'd be hunting you and Amie down for some spinning fun! Did I miss any other comments? I've been getting a lot of them lately. Keep 'em coming, because I'm also a comment addict!

I worked a bit on the black and blue hat last night during Earthsea. I kind of lost interest in that mini series last night. The hat is coming along nicely. I don't know if I'll finish it in time to gift it for Christmas, but we shall see. I'm eyeing some of my handspun that might make a nice hat for me. It's a corriedale cross fiber in deep teal and magenta. I bought it from Linda at Grafton Fibers during SAFF in October. The yarn is pretty. I'm not really a hat person, but I've never knit any of my handspun and it's about time!

Thank goodness today is Wednesday and next week is a short week. I am mentally and physically exhausted and seriously thinking of asking for next Monday through Wednesday off. I already have off the week between Christmas and New Year. I'm dealing with some major stress at work (it's hard being the boss!) and it's about to take a toll on me. Y'all send some good thoughts my way.

4 Comments:

Blogger monkeemaven-fruitcakeknits said...

I have absolutely nothing to say on the spinning wheel subject. Commentaholic? Mwahaha!

When Good Fruitcakes Go Bad... apparently fruitcakes have been banned from Canadian flights; so dense that it confuses X-rays. Is that a brick of semi-edible food-like substance or a gooey gun? They don't want to slice into every cake and have instead opted to ban them. Heh.

7:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Walnut couldn't be nicer and it's so good that you are playing your part in bringing your baby into fiber-world. When I got my Fricke I built it all myself, I was so proud of my baby.

8:51 PM  
Blogger Carolyn said...

I think walnut will be lovely and a good change for you. I cannot wait to see it. I'm sorry about your work stuff - it looks like we are living in a parallel universe these days. Well, it won't be too long before the holidays and we will be off.

8:09 AM  
Blogger Amie said...

Isn't work fun (I hope you didn't get any of that sarcasm dripped on you).

I think we're all comment addicts. It's a little shameful how excited I get when I check my blog in the afternoon and see comments.... Not shameful enough that I'll stop, though!

10:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home