Tuesday, December 14, 2004

It's Here!

I picked up the wheel this morning at the post office. What a tiny little box it came in! I don't know what I was expecting, but not anything this little! For some reason, it didn't dawn on me that the wheel was coming as a kit and we'd have to assemble it. I can't think of a better way to get to know a wheel than by putting it together!! We're going to need to sand the wood and stain and seal it. I'm leaning towards a walnut stain rather than natural. The Lendrums, Schacht, and Louet are all natural color, and I want something a little different in the Kiwi. Dave at Merlin Tree suggested sanding the wheel itself a little to give it a woodgrain appearance. It is MDF.

I cast on for a new hat last night. I'm using some Plymouth Encore in a royal blue and black combination. I bought this yarn for another project (socks) but they were turning out too gigantic and stiff. I really love the yarn colors. I would post a picture, but the camera has gone missing. It has to be here somewhere.

I did a bit more Christmas shopping today. The spirit is slowly seeping in, but not overwhelming. I even lugged the gift wrap out of the hall closet and wrapped the gifts for my employees. Those have to be mailed, so I had no choice but to get the wrapping going. We are seeing husband's family on Saturday, so someone better get wrapping those gifts!!

If you have a few minutes, you really need to go visit Lissa. She has a new blog, and I understand she's a bit addicted to comments left in her blog! Go say howdy to her.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Donna, you darling! Thanks for the comment and the plug on your blog! You're local to DC, arent' you? We'll have to get together and spin ASAP! Enjoy your new wheel!!!!!

Love,
Lissa

6:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OOPS - you're in Carolina. Drat. Sending you lots of happy spinning and knitting wishes!

Love,
Lissa (again)

6:43 PM  
Blogger Carolyn said...

Those kits can be daunting! But I have faith you and your DH will figure it out. :) Looking forward to the spinning day, too. BTW, you aren't the only one who just can't get in the Christmas routine.

7:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home