Friday, January 07, 2005

Getting Organized

I'm trying out some knitting software on my Palm Pilot--Knitable. This software allows you to keep an inventory of your needles, books, and patterns. It also allows you to keep records on ongoing and completed projects and measurements for people for whom you knit. One thing I really like about the software is that it has an even increase/decrease calculator. I've put in an inventory of all my patterns, books, and needles. It's amazing how much STUFF a family of three knitters can collect. Knitable allows you to inventory your yarn, too, but there's no way I'm entering all our stash into the program. I'd be typing for the next month!

I'm currently working on a shawl/lap blanket for husband's aunt. She lives in an assisted care facility and isn't able to do any hand washing, so I'm making the shawl with a machine washable acrylic yarn that looks similar to mohair. It's really pretty yarn in spite of being acrylic. :-)

After the weekend chores are done, I'm planning to park myself in the recliner and knit, knit, knit! I'd love to finish that shawl this weekend and move on to something a bit more challenging. I'll also try to get some pictures for you over the weekend.

1 Comments:

Blogger marykat said...

Hi, Thanks for stopping by my blog! I am using charcoal gray as the main color for my fairly easy fair isle, and then the plan is to use up my extra stash of lamb's pride bulky for the contrasting colors. I have oatmeal, "blue flannel" which is like navy, and "garnet" which is like burgundy. It should look ok, I hope! To be honest, I wanted to use the colors in the book but my LYS was pretty well cleared out of Lamb's Pride over the holidays and I didn't want to wait! Can't wait to see your progress!
Kerry

7:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home