Friday, April 29, 2005

Friday Afternoon Quicky

Haha!! Made you look. It's just a quicky post; what did you think I meant?

Let's start with knitting news, because you know it's just going to end up a house topic, right? The tank is almost done. I finished the ribbing on the neckline last night and have seamed the shoulders. I just need to weave in a couple of ends and seam the sides. It's not bad for a first garment. If the sun shines tomorrow, I'll make photos.

I caved in to a case of retail therapy yesterday--retail therapy Knitpicks style. $78 later....I ordered some of their Wool of the Andes hanks to dye (for husband to dye), Kathleen Taylor's book Yarns to Dye For, The Opinionated Knitter, a pair of Bryspun needles, and enough purple Crayon yarn to make a tank top. Gosh, but it looks lucious!

We've cruised by the house probably 3 times this week. It's just so nice to look at it and think about moving in. We have "met" some of our neighbors. Apparently, this is a neighborhood of "wavers", and that's fine by me. When we drive through, people wave at us! Another absolute bonus for this house and neighborhood is that all the people we've seen out and about are elderly. I'm talking at least in their 60s and older. They work in their yards, too!! We have fantasized about something like this for years--older neighbors who actually take pride in keeping their yards looking nice.

The home inspection is Wednesday morning, and husband will be there (camera in hand, I'm sure). I am going to try to go as well, depending on what comes up at work. After the inspection, we can go ahead and set a closing date. The current owners are anxious to close, as their homeowner's policy is due for renewal at the end of May. I'm sure they'd rather turn that responsibility over to us. I hope they are as anxious to move out and on to their new home! I know we're ready to move into our new home.

I've found another photo host, so there should be pix coming this weekend. I know some of you really like that.

1 Comments:

Blogger amylovie said...

Wow! What a great price for yarn. The colors are so vibrant.

Have a great weekend,
Amy

7:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home