Saturday, April 23, 2005

The Waiting Game

It's game time here! We're playing "the waiting game." Yes, this is house related. We made an offer on the house yesterday. The current owners are out of town, but we are supposed to know something by Monday evening at the latest. I should have no finger nails left by then, because I'm biting them off in anticipation.

We had a really interesting time at the realtor's yesterday. On the drive over, it started pouring rain. Husband says that is actually a good sign, because we've never moved unless the weather was bad. (We moved in the middle of a tropical storm once--not on purpose.) During the time we were in the office, the power went out and kept blinking on and off for a good 15 minutes. We kept working in the dark! I hope it's another good sign that we didn't let that sway us from our goal of finishing our bid! According to the realtor, she was to receive another bid on the house this weekend. That could be true, or it could be realtor hype. We are comfortable that we made a good bid, and we have no contingencies on our contract.

We went to Columbia today to visit Hook 'n Needle and to visit husband's parents. We found nice goodies in the sale baskets--Mountain Colors yarn marked down to $7 a skein (got all 7 that were there). I'm not sure which MC it is, but I told husband GET IT! I also bought some Silky Wool in an off white color to make Spring Fling from Knitty and picked up some things form my Knitty Secret Pal! I hope she likes them. If you are ever in or near Columbia, SC on a Thursday, Friday, or Saturday, you have to visit Hook 'n Needle. I cannot think of another knitter that I know who is as knowledgeable as Maureen (owner) is. She is also one of the nicest people you would ever want to meet.

Has anyone gotten The Opinionated Knitter yet? I've not really been an Elizabeth Zimmerman fan in the past, but I'm drawn to this book. It is definitely on my wish list.

4 Comments:

Blogger Vera said...

One of these days, I have to get to the that store. I'm just two hours or so from Columbia.

Perhaps some of us Charleston knitters can do a little road trip.

8:40 AM  
Blogger Rachel said...

Hey Donna good luck on your new home - definately let us know how it goes! Sounds like just the right place for you!
Rachel

10:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll have to make a road trip from my side of the state, too! I have a good (even though non-knitting) fried who moved to Columbia recently, I can dump the kids on her and hit the yarn shop all aloooooone!!!

12:50 PM  
Blogger Carolyn said...

Thanks for the kind healing thoughts. I am better - managed to wear low heels to church today without the brace and did okay. I am sending good vibes your way that the owners will accept your offer on the house!
I keep hearing about The Opinionated Knitter. There is a chapter in Knitting without Tears called that. Is the book just a reprint of that chapter or is there more to it?

2:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home