Monday, April 18, 2005

Monday, Monday

In loom news, someone from LeClerc has been in contact with husband about his loom, and it appears this one is older than we thought. I believe the year 1935 was floating around. Well, if this is a 70 year old loom, she's looking good for her age! I cannot wait to see her "returned to her former glory."

We went house lusting yesterday. We had two in mind that fit the bill--around 2500-3000 square feet with a minimum of 2 acres of land. One house seems to fit the bill perfectly. In fact, it's more than I hoped for. The grounds are nicely landscaped with some of the acreage (total of 2.9) left uncleared. There are blueberry bushes (yum), an outside workshop (for looms and such), a sunroom/living room, huge family room, two fireplaces, 3 full baths (no fighting over them, cause invariably everyone needs "to go" at the same time), and get this...TWO KITCHENS! One is a small kitchen in the family room with a stove, tiny under cabinet fridge, and microwave. Can you say "dyeing kitchen"? We are still very much in the lust stage and not ready to buy, but maybe it's a sign that we've found the impossible--a house with two kitchens. The price is right, too. I really would like to take a look inside, but I don't want to do that until all our little ducks are in a row and we're ready to make an offer on something.

Here are more art festival photos! The first is daughter and one of her two best friends, or their hands at least! There was an artist doing henna tattoos, and the girls went wild for them.


People went wild about the spinning. Here are husband and daughter showing another girl how to spin.


Anyone who reads Knitty may have seen my recent apology to cotton. I've discovered a cotton yarn that I love--Brown Sheep Cotton Fleece. It's 80% cotton, 20% wool. Here is a shot of the tank that I'm working on for daughter.

I have about 7 inches worked so far. Another 3 or 4 inches until time for the arm hole decreases.

Speaking of Knitty, Secret Pal 4 has begun!! I've sent a note to the person to whom I'm sending but haven't heard anything back from her yet. I've also gotten several notes from the person who's sending to me. She sounds like a real sweetheart, and we have lots in common in spite of the fact that she's a mere child of 22 and I'm an old lady of 40! :-) I sat out SP 3, so I'm very excited to be back in things with this round. SP 1 and 2 were loads of fun!! There's a button floating around somewhere for SP 4. I'll have to snag it to post here.

2 Comments:

Blogger amylovie said...

The BS cotton fleece is a nice yarn. I've knit a couple of scarves with it. Added bonus..it's cheap.

I still have not heard anything from my SP. I'm feeling neglected :(

Amy

1:53 PM  
Blogger Carolyn said...

Wow- that is exciting about the house. A dyeing kitchen!?!?!? How wonderful is that!!!!! D's hat looks great. I recently found a local source of that cotton fleece - wow it IS nice stuff. We must be on the same wavelength.

5:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home