Sunday, November 27, 2005

Quickly Saying "Hi"

We've been so busy doing nothing the past few days! It's been bliss, actually.

My Fuzzy Mabel replacement order came yesterday, and I have their package of returns all ready to go. I intend to keep these people on my favorite on line retailers list. You just can't beat them for customer service.

The red socks that I knit for my brother's birthday were a smashing hit with him. I haven't seen them modeled, as I mailed them to him. In fact, I'm not sure that he's tried them on for fit yet. He was doing a lot of yard work for Mom when the package arrived, but just had to call and tell me how much he likes the socks. Sneaky little twerp was also calling to put in a request for a longer scarf! (We gave him one a couple of years ago that is only about 36 inches or so.) Only my baby brother could get away with putting in a knitting order!

I've purchased Cascade 128 (bulky weight) in ruby and am currently working on a 2X2 scarf for dear brother. The yarn is nice and soft, and the color is great. The scarf is working up quickly, thank goodness. That K2 P2 is BORING to knit.

I have a foccacia bread baking now (mmm....rosemary). The recipe is from Rachel Ray's new magazine, Everyday. The bread smells heavenly!

Tomorrow will find me back at work. Big whoop! The past three weeks off has been wonderful. I intend to take it much easier on myself at work from here on out. If I don't, somebody slap me!

3 Comments:

Blogger amylovie said...

Ahh, those little brothers. Gotta love 'em!

Amy

6:10 PM  
Blogger Sherry W said...

Too bad you can't borrow back the short scarf pick up some sts add a few inches! :)

I'm happy you had a break Donna- just remind yourself this. At the end of your time here, is your job going to to be the most important thing you look back on? For some people it is, and that's fine. But if it's not your priority, you have to set your energy towards it with that in mind! Life is too short to worry about TPS reports, you know?

9:43 PM  
Blogger Beverly said...

Just saying hi. Isn't it great to have men appreciate your knitting. I knitted scarves for my brothers last Xmas and they loved them. They're waiting for there socks this year. Sizes 12, 13 and 14. And I crazy or what. Hope to see you all in Augusta in 2006.

6:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home