Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Slightly Overwhelmed! (long, rambling post!)

Can you believe Christmas is 12 days away? Worse yet, our family celebration of Christmas is Saturday and then again on Sunday. Saturday, we go to see husband's side of the family, and Sunday, my side is coming to see us. That means that I have to wrap gifts, buy groceries, clean house, and cook up some food for Sunday. I think we can slide by without taking food on Saturday. I've wrapped not the first gift, but at least they are all bought and I have the gift wrap items handy. That's an accomplishment in and of itself. I've made the list of things to do and things to buy (groceries) so perhaps we can all get on it and get it done. Here is what the cats are liking about Christmas this year:


Daughter has her first exams starting on Friday. They are cumulative exams. She's in seventh grade. I'm freaked about it, but she's as calm as can be. English and Science exams are Friday, Spanish and Math are Monday, and History is Tuesday. Her Christmas break starts on Tuesday after the exam. My Christmas break starts on the 23rd and lasts until January 3rd, the same day daughter returns to school. I'm looking forward to some family time.

I received a lovely package last week from my SP now known to me as the dear alerievay. She sent some lovely lace weight yarn, a shawl pattern for the yarn, a box of my favorite chai tea, and some of my favorite spinning fiber. Thanks, alerievay for being the best SP!


Here are a couple of FOs...well, partially finished objects! Both the sock and the voodoo wrist warmer need mates!




The sock is made from Knitpicks Sock Landscape in Redwood Forest. The wrist warmer is made from Schoeller and Stahl Limbo.

Please meet one of the newest additions to our family. This is Sable, and she's a long haired hamster. Sable is a sweet little animal and already quite tame. She will crawl into my hand for a treat and has even started getting into my hand just to be petted. Sable lives in my office and sleeps most of the day.

I'll try to get a picture of daughter's Sweet Pea soon!

Husband and I celebrated our 18th wedding anniversary yesterday. That's quite an accomplishment these days, I think. We've been together for a total of 22 years through thick and thin, good and bad. I'm looking forward to growing old with this man. He's the best!

5 Comments:

Blogger Vera said...

I love the socks. I have yet to try the yarn from Knit Picks.

Happy Anniversary!

5:56 PM  
Blogger Beverly said...

Happy Anniversary. Glad you found time to blog with all thats going on. The projects look great. Hope you all have a Merry Christmas!

7:59 PM  
Blogger amylovie said...

Best wishes to you and your husband. Eighteen years is certainly nothing to sneeze at.

You new baby is adorable!

Amy

2:25 PM  
Blogger Sherry W said...

Happy Anniversary!!!!

Whata cute little hamster. How does he get along with the cats though? :O

11 days!!! ACK! I have to go knit!

12:16 AM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

Oh, that hampster is adorable! Great name, too.

Try not to stress about all the Christmas obligations. Do the most important parts and let the rest slide.

12:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home