Monday, March 06, 2006

Time's a Wasting!

I realized recently that I waste too much time on line. That's going to change! Last month, I pared down the number of blogs I read and the number to which my own blog links. That's freed up a good bit of time. I also dropped several Yahoo groups which has also freed up time. Still, I was spending more time sitting at this computer than I wanted to. So....I've dropped discussion groups. That's right, no more Knitty and no more Knitter's Review. Actually, I pretty much stopped going to KR many months ago. I'm amazed at how much time I now have to knit, spin, and spend time outdoors. Also, I don't miss my former on line addictions. It's really rather freeing not to feel like I have to read or respond to the countless messages that come up on boards or mailing lists. There are many more productive ways to spend my time.

We went traveling this weekend. Want to guess where? Here's a clue:

Yes, we were in The Holy City aka Charleston, SC. We attended a birthday party in the morning in North Charleston, then headed downtown in the afternoon and visited Knit. If you ever get down to Charleston, you've got to visit Knit! It's a great yarn shop. They have a little bit of everything. My only complaints are that parking is awful downtown--it cost us $8 to park in a garage, and that was just for a couple of hours at the most. Also, I found the prices at Knit to be a little higher than what I'd pay elsewhere. For instance, the same Blue Sky Alpaca yarn that I get locally for $7.50 was $10.00 there. Of course, Knit does have things I can't buy locally--like Koigu KPPM and loads of Lantern Moon needles. It's definitely worth a visit, and I'll be going back.

Good news! We are one spinning wheel lighter! Yes, the Louet S10 has found a new home, and hopefully a loving owner. I'm so glad to be rid of the wheel. We didn't need it. Why keep something you don't need?

Here are some photos for you. First, the Booga Bag:


and then the Branching Out (on the blocking board):


My mom loved her Branching Out!

Coming soon, photos of the Koigu I bought to make Charlotte's Web, my recently completed Gioia in Fuchsia Blue Sky Alpaca, and a progress photo of a sock I'm making in Regia cotton blend yarn.

5 Comments:

Blogger amylovie said...

I need to pare down my online time too. I'm using you as inspiration.

Amy

11:05 AM  
Blogger Katie said...

I love the Booga bag!

2:01 PM  
Blogger Vera said...

Hi Donna,

Sorry I didn't get to see you Saturday. Glad you liked Knit thought the parking is terrible in downtown Charleston.

10:06 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

I was just wondering where you had been and come to find the explanation on the blog.

You are absolutely right about the internet being a giant time sucker. What an easy way to find an extra bunch of hours in every day.

2:58 PM  
Blogger Valerie said...

We'll miss you! Stop by and say hi sometime!

5:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home