Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Blame It On The Weather

Sorry, gang, but crappy indoor pictures are the best I can do today. It's drizzly and yucky outside--not good photo weather.

Here is Clappy Clapotis lounging on the back of my recliner. I guess she needed a rest after those Olympic events and her near disastrous injury.

I blocked Clappy to be a stole. I wear stoles more often than I wear scarves. She's a "tall" gal, too, but I haven't measured her since she dried.

Here is a close up shot of Clappy.

The yarn is Mountain Colors 4/8 Weaver's Wool. I think the color name is Wild Raspberry.

Here are Booga Bag progress photos. First is daughter's bag:

She still has a few more rounds to knit and then the I-cord to make. She hates I-cord, but I promised her that it goes fast on size 10.5 needles!

Here's my bag:

I'm ready to felt!

Finally, here is a Branching Out scarf I'm making for my mom's birthday. The yarn is of course Silky Wool. I love that stuff. The color is a deeper, richer turquoise in real life. The flash washed it out.

This is my second Branching Out. I'm amazed at how quickly the pattern is going this time around. I may do a third scarf in lace weight yarn!

11 Comments:

Blogger Vera said...

Congrats on finishing the Olympics!

Clappy looks sensational, as well as the bags, and Branching Out. Your daughter is doing a great job.

5:58 PM  
Blogger sgeddes said...

Glad to see your Clappy has fully recovered from injury and crossed the finish line!

The bads are coming out great too!

6:00 PM  
Blogger amylovie said...

Beautiful work all around!

Amy

6:40 PM  
Blogger Sherry W said...

Everything looks great, you have been busy, huh?

Congrats on the clappy, see you on the podium!

10:15 PM  
Blogger Beverly said...

Everything looks so pretty. Congrats!

Clappy looks wonderful in the MC. I have the Wild Raspberry in Bearfoot and still can't decide what sock pattern to use.

Those Booga bags can be addictive. Kureyon is perfect for the striping effect.

6:08 PM  
Blogger Valerie said...

The Clapotis is great! I love the Mountain Colors!

Now when are you starting Klaralund? :)

6:34 PM  
Blogger Carolyn said...

Oooh. I love all of it, but especially Clappy - Great job! Can't wait to see the boogas all felted out, either. And ah, the Branching Out Scarf - so lovely.

2:05 PM  
Blogger Zonda said...

Beautiful job on your Clapotis! The colors are awesome! Congrats for finishing

9:53 PM  
Blogger Beverley said...

Hi another Beverley this one from New Zealand.

Congratulations on finishing. Love the colours in "Clappy" and your booga bags. Just wondering where did you get the patterns for these?

Many thanks

4:45 AM  
Blogger chacha / Jen said...

Everything looks fantastic! Your Clapotis is absolutely gorgeous -- glad you got past the pattern ennui and the WIP injury!

5:50 PM  
Blogger turtlegirl76 said...

Wow, I have Clapotis-envy. I started one for someone evil, then ripped it out. Time to start one for ME! Gorgeous.

And I hear you on the Booga Bag softness. Mine seems to be holding up pretty well, but I could definitely see how adding in a bottom (at the very least) would benefit the bag.

1:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home