Saturday, February 11, 2006

Birthday Presents

No pictures today! It's dreary outside, and I don't feel like doing indoor photos.

I got belated birthday gifts from husband and daughter last night. They chose very well, so it was worth the wait! First, I have a copy of Rachel Ray's new book 365 No Repeats--A Year of Deliciously Different Dinners. Next up was a set of Lantern Moon needles and a gorgeous silk case for them. I know that this was daughter's choosing! The girl has great taste. Finally, I have a new rosewood circular needle in the size I need for Klaralund. I've been lusting after these needles!

We watched the Olympic opening last night, and I cast on for my Knitting Olympics project. I'm making Clapotis, the pattern that has been all the rage for eons now. I'm not liking it. Frankly, I don't see what the fuss is all about. The pattern is quite boring. Hopefully, once I get to the part about dropping stitches it will be more entertaining. I know many people have knit this pattern over and over, but for me, unless things change, this is a one time knit.

Speaking of the Olympics, what did you think of the uniforms? I don't like the fur and skin looking hats that some of the teams were wearing. Ick! I loved the Estonian team's knitted hats and mittens, though. None of the other clothing really stood out as all that special.

2 Comments:

Blogger Vera said...

My husband has a major crush on Rachel Ray.

Clapotis get better once you drop the stitches. I found that to be fun and it kept me knitting.

Loved watching th parade of athletes last night. Interesting outfits, and I liked USA's berets although I think 2002's were better.

5:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I enjoyed the parade of the Olympic athletes, as well. However, I thought the USA berets were the least attractive of all of the hats. I believe my comment was that they reminded me of Jiffy Pop popcorn that didn't quite pop all the way. :) Apparently, I wasn't the only one who thought the USA hats looked odd. An article on the Slate website has all you want to know about these unusual "Torino Berets" :
www.slate.com/id/2135972/nav/tap1/

10:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home