Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Olympic Progress

Clapotis for the Knitting Olympics is progressing well. I've dropped 4 stitches so far. This project has been painfully boring, but the dropping stitches thing is fun. I hurry through the rest of the pattern repeat so that I can rip those little stitches out. Here's a close up:


I wrestled the herringbone scarf away long enough to capture this detail shot:

The picture quality sucks. It just wasn't a photogenic day yesterday.

Here are my birthday presents:

There are lovely Lantern Moon needles hiding in that silk case. I haven't tried out either of the new needles yet, nor have I cooked anything from the Rachel Ray book. It's fun petting my presents, though.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I should have done a clapotis instead of that Flower Basket from the Bad Place! (See, I'm calmer today...) I love those colors -- what yarn are you using?

11:53 AM  
Blogger Trillian42 said...

Ooh - that Clapotis is gorgeous! I love the colors. The herringbone scarf is awesome, too.

Happy belated birthday - I have that same cookbook, and DH and I have found some great stuff in it.

12:27 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

Happy belated birthday! I love your "boring" Clapotis. At least it won't be boring when it's finished...it's lovely!

2:07 PM  
Blogger Sherry W said...

I love your Clap! Nice birthday presents too!

4:26 PM  
Blogger Vera said...

Great colors on Clapotis! I'm interested in what you thing about the Rosewood circulars

7:35 PM  
Blogger amylovie said...

The color you chose for Clapotis is beautiful.

The rosewood circulars were all the rage at Market. Let me know what you think of them.

Amy

1:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting your picture of your Clapotis. I'm knitting it too and was reassured to see that your dropped stitches don't all look perfectly even like they do in the original pattern. I'm hoping they'll even out on blocking. Pleased to hear your Clappy is recovering.

It's a bit weird though because we share birthdays, have both picked Clapotis for our Olympic projects and Klararlund is on my list of to do!!

5:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home