Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Growing Up

This lovely young lady started 8th grade today. It seems like only yesterday her daddy and I were taking her to her first day of kindergarten. Where does the time go?



Our "hurt book" order from Interweave arrived yesterday. I've enjoyed perusing my selections: Wrap Style and Knitter's Stash. I also have A History of Handknitting but have not looked through it yet. I've found a couple of nice wraps in the Wrap Style book and several projects in Knitter's Stash--so many great patterns, so little knitting time.

If you like tank top type patterns, you must take a look at Amanda's page. She has two very nice patterns that she's designed. Yes, I bought both. I couldn't decide between the two, so what would any good knitter do in that situation??

I was chained to my desk today for a conference call most of today, and in order to maintain my sanity, there had to be yarn in my hands. I crocheted a flower pin for daughter. We felted her Booga bag (finally!) the other day and I used some of the leftover yarn for the pin. I'd post a picture, but the pin has disappeared somewhere in the "teen zone" of the house. I'll have to go search for it.

6 Comments:

Blogger Beverly said...

Wow! Almost a high schooler.

I missed the hurt book sale, by the time I checked it out most of the knitting books were sold out:( I really wanted a copy of Wrap Style. Knitter's Stash is great. I got it when it first came out. So far I've made one thing out of it but the list of wants is pretty long.

9:22 PM  
Blogger Vera said...

Time passes quicky. Doesn't it.

Knitter's Stash is one of the first knitting books I've brought. I need to make some of those linen dishcloths. I have yet to get Wrap Style.

Both of Amanda's tops are great.

2:46 AM  
Blogger amylovie said...

Your daughter is such a lovely young lady. Look out high school!

6:08 AM  
Blogger soapy said...

they do grow up so fast dont they! My oldest just graduated a couple months ago seems like yesterday taking her to kindergarden.... waa Have to more to go...Your DD is definately at an interesting age Enjoy!

10:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

She looks great! The outfit is wonderful. Time goes soooo fast, doesn't it???

9:02 AM  
Blogger Life's a Stitch said...

That feeling comes back to me over and over again. My daughter's wedding, my son reaching the six foot mark, yikes!
Li

12:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home