Sunday, July 23, 2006

Tempus Fugit

Time does seem to fly, and that's even more true the older I get. I can't believe it's been almost 2 weeks since I last posted to this blog. Is anyone still out there? LOL!

If you want to see where I was and what I did yesterday, please get on over to Vera's blog. We had the pleasure of meeting Vera and her wonderful husband Pat yesterday. She is every bit as sweet in person as she seems on her blog, and Pat is just a delightful guy. They are the kind of people with whom you feel instantly at ease and as if you'd known them forever.

It seems that Pat caught the spinning bug thanks to the ladies at Knit. Fortunately for us (and maybe for Pat and Vera) we had a spare wheel sitting here needing someone to love it. They bought our Ashford Kiwi, and I think that it will give Pat (and maybe Vera!) many happy spinning hours. Go take a look at some of the yarn this man is already cranking out.

It was most entertaining talking with Vera while the guys spun. I also enjoyed watching the other patrons of the Barnes and Noble coffee shop try to secretly watch the guys spinning! One lady kept pretending to read her book, but every time I glanced her way, she was staring at the spinning.

Pictures coming...eventually. We have a new computer, and I need to get acclimated to it. Our old computer stopped reading the card reader, so I have not had any way to get photos onto the blog.

2 Comments:

Blogger Vera said...

It was great meeting you and your family.

I'm sure the sign of Patrick and Donald spinning got a lots of stares, but I didn't notice. I'm glad Pat is so happy with the wheel.

4:04 PM  
Blogger Carolyn said...

Okay, now ladies... what is your secret? How do you get your DHs to love spinning so much? Mine is resistant (but still thinking about weaving) Oh well.

5:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home