Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Picture Time

I have a few pictures of our HHI vacation to share. Here's the great Lantern Moon knitting bag I got at The Courtyard, the LYS at HHI.




The inside of the bag is a yellower shade of green than the photo. I love this bag! It's really sturdy and just beautiful.

Here's a bird having his breakfast in a little creek that cuts through the beach.



The tide was out when I took this photo. When the tide is in, the creek is too wide and deep to cross.

Here's a shot of daughter "driving" our chosen mode of transportation while on the island--our cruiser bicycles. We really had a great time riding our bikes every day.



We also enjoyed swimming (or soaking in the pool!) every day. Here's daughter in her new inner tube. It is 54 inches across! Did you notice that daughter stole my noodle??



We did a bit of golfing, since HHI has so many lovely golf courses. Daughter won both rounds.



Carolyn asked to see bracelet pictures, and I've not gotten a chance yet to make those. I'll try to do that by the weekend.

I started knitting a great pattern from The Garter Belt this week. I'm working on this wrap for daughter. The pattern is easy, and there are three different (but similar) items included, all of them using the same basic stitch. I'm using Lion Brand Microspun (I know; eww) for the wrap and am using a lavendar color. I figured a cheap yarn would be just fine since this thing is mean to be worn by a 13 year old at the pool. I hate to say it, but I really like the look of the fabric I'm getting with the Microspun. It also feels pretty good. Warning: It is splitty as heck! I had to wrip back a row because I split a stitch and didn't realize it. I'll try to post a progress photo soon.

4 Comments:

Blogger Carolyn said...

Em looks like she was having a ball. I hope you had an equally good time. It sounds like you did!

8:00 PM  
Blogger amylovie said...

Love the new bag. How did I miss that one at the show?

Amy

4:11 PM  
Blogger Vera said...

The bag is great, and it looks like you had a wonderful vacation. My brother and new SIL had their honeymoon at HHI, and I still want to see the lighthouse.

6:49 PM  
Blogger Sue said...

Yall look like you had fun! Thanks for reading my blog.

2:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home