Monday, July 31, 2006

Life's a Beach

Vacation Day 1
Daughter and I arrived in Paradise about midday. We grabbed a quick bite of lunch then headed to the grocery store. We were able to get back to the villa and relax a bit before Husband/Dad arrived for a tasty dinner of home made jerk chicken.

Vacation Day 2
We visited the LYS since we'd not been to this particular one in several months. It was a delight to see how many more natural fiber yarns they have and how few novelties! In fact, one of the owners told us they are clearing out the novelties and will put them on sale later in the week. I have no desire for novelty yarn, but I certainly fell in love with a Lantern Moon bag. It came home with me. Picture to come.

Vacation Day 3
Unfortunately, this also spelled the last day of vacation for Husband/Dad. Poor dear has to go hold down the fort. Daughter and I enjoyed our first ever bicycle ride on the beach. We've always talked about renting bikes to ride here but never did. We had our own bikes but didn't want to get them in the salt water. There are so many places here that rent bikes!

We spent the evening with movie marathon. We currently are recommending Mrs. Henderson Presents (rated R, but only because of nudity--full frontal male and female, but nothing exciting!) and The Family Stone.

Vacation Day 4
Shop til you drop was the mantra of the day! We had a great, leisurely time shopping. Daughter is now ready to start school in style, and I have clothes that fit to wear to my work meeting next month. I'm also very pleased to announce that Gap has clothes that fit me--in fact, they have clothes that are too big for me. This is a big deal!

6 Comments:

Blogger Vera said...

Looks like you're having a great time.

12:09 AM  
Blogger Carolyn said...

It sounds like you are having a great and relaxing time! I was recently at Wild Fibre, and Jenninfer said I missed seeing y'all by a week. Isn't that always the way?

8:08 AM  
Blogger aija said...

Sounds great, and congrats on the gap-fit! :)

12:55 AM  
Blogger Sherry W said...

I want to come too! :)

5:01 PM  
Blogger Life's a Stitch said...

That's my kind of vacation,
Li

6:10 PM  
Blogger amylovie said...

Sounds lovely. I need to head to the Gap myself to pick up some back to school stuff for the girls. Maybe something for me as well?

Amy

6:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home