Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Independence Day

We are enjoying a nice long weekend. We just got home from the beach yesterday afternoon but continue on in rest and relaxation mode. We had a great time at the beach, and the weather was perfect. We also found a wonderful place to buy fresh seafood (raw). If you are ever in Hilton Head, check out Barnacle Bill's. We bought some wonderful shrimp and oysters from them.

I took a lot of pictures during our trip. I'll share some later this week. I was so pleased at some of the portrait type photos I took of daughter.

I'm givng the new Knitpicks needles a good test drive. They are superb! I am anxiously waiting for Knitpicks to re-stock so that I can order more cables (the longer lengths than come with the kit) and more tips (the larger ones). Looks like July 7 is the expected in stock date, so I don't have long to wait. I must say that this is my favorite interchangeable needle set so far, and I've tried them all. They are as slick as Addis but pointier. I liked the sharper tips on these because they are not too sharp. They are also more light weight than the Boye needles. I also like that the joins are very secure. That's always a big issue with interchangeable needles, I think.

3 Comments:

Blogger Rachel said...

Happy Birthday America! So glad you enjoyed the holiday. And, yay for knitpicks too!

9:45 PM  
Blogger Theresa said...

I'm really liking my new needles! Aren't they great?

9:57 AM  
Blogger turtlegirl76 said...

uOh I so want these needles but I can't! Must. Budget. Money. Noooo!

Maybe by the end of the year I can afford a splurge.

1:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home