Thursday, October 05, 2006

A Sock With a Mind of Its Own

*knit knit knit knit* *rip rip rip rip* I cast on for my Trekking XXL socks on Sunday night. My Addi size 1 12 inch circs, the best sock knitting needles IMO, were missing, so I grabbed the 2s thinking they'd work. WRONG. Even with a cast on of 56 stitches, I had a gynormous sock. That's where the FIRST *rip rip rip rip* comes in.

So....last night, I started over with size 1s (which had been hiding in husband's bag). I was so proud to get the ribbed cuff done...get the heel flap done...turn the heel. I thought it was odd that I was using less yarn this time around (I'd re-wound the ripped out yarn back onto the skein). Did I stop to actually analyze the situation? NO! So what was the problem, I'm sure you're wondering. I forgot to knit any leg for my sock. I have a nice little two inch cuff that leads directly into a heel flap. That's not quite the look I was going for, so this morning we're back to *rip rip rip rip* again. *sigh* I get the feeling this sock just does not want to be. What's a girl to do?? Join Socktoberfest, of course! Maybe some good sock vibes will come my way through this.


3 Comments:

Blogger soapy said...

oh bummer! but look on the bright side I hear 3rd times a charm....;o))

8:05 PM  
Blogger Beverly said...

Hi Donna,

The den color is Glidden Gold Buff. Good luck with the socks and welcome to socktoberfest.

10:00 PM  
Blogger turtlegirl76 said...

12 inch circs are small enough to knit socks on? Comfortably? I'd love to see a pic of your sock on the needles so I can get a feel for it.

9:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home