Sunday, September 10, 2006

Crafty Times

Saturday we spent most of the day wandering around Aiken, SC at this festival. We've been going to this off and on for the past 16 years that we've lived here. Sometimes the festival is a hit, and sometimes it is a miss. This year, I think it qualifies as a hit. There were a lot of booths there with lots of real arts and crafts. Our favorites were the lady selling hand made soaps and toiletries and the lady selling hand made children's clothing and monogrammed purses. (Katie, I thought of your wonderful sewing when I looked at this lady's things.) We bought several tubes of lipbalm and a roll on stick of lotion (Looks like a deodorant container), and Daughter bought a monogrammed purse. We had to wait over 2 hours for the purse to be monogrammed!! I don't think the lady knew how popular her booth would be. Her items were very well made and priced right. The Mennonites were there with their yummy baked goods booth. I came home with a carrot cake with cream cheese icing for only $12. It is heavenly.

I picked up a denim hand made purse from another vendor. The purse is painted with the SC flag emblem of the palm tree and crescent moon. I'll likely use this for a small knitting tote. Seeing all these nicely sewn bags has me in the mood to make one myself! I just need to find the right pattern.

Pictures later this week...I hope.

2 Comments:

Blogger Beverly said...

Cool. I haven't been in years. Sewing and monogramming is really making a comeback! More goodness to look forward to.

7:52 PM  
Blogger Carolyn said...

I am glad you had a good time, and that Emily was well enough to go.

7:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home