Thursday, November 09, 2006

Lendrum Lemming

Webster's defines a lemming as any of various small short-tailed furry-footed rodents that are notable for population fluctuations and recurrent mass migrations. At least they are cute!

I'm following the Lendrum Lemming group. My Lendrum arrived yesterday. Husband helped me get it set up last night, and I've moved it into my office. There's nothing like spinning or knitting during a long, boring conference call! I've spun a little bit on my Lendrum so far, and it's a different feel from my Schacht, for sure. I always spin on my Schacht with it set to double drive, and the Scotch tension on the Lendrum has a different feel. The treadling also feels different on the two wheels. That's not a problem, just something to get used to when going from one to the other.

Hey, DeltaDawn, I think we must have sister Lendrums!

PS. Sarah, in response to your comment about Casanova, yes, it is worth it! ;)

4 Comments:

Blogger DeltaDawn said...

Yup - our wheels are certainly related! I bet yarn-a-holic gets the third triplet.

You probably didn't remove the rubber band, so your first go was easier than mine!

11:42 AM  
Blogger Sherry W said...

One of us! One of us!
I hope you and your Lenny get along!

2:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, I've ordered my Lendrum, too!! It will join my Louet that I've had for 20+ years. Had a Schacht but sold it - wasn't spinning at the time. Everyone raves about the Lendrum. Can hardly wait to take it for a spin! We bloggers need to arrange a BIG blog meeting at SAFF - specific time and place one day to meet. It would be fun to put names with faces and blogs!

3:16 PM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

Lendrum Lemmings... Kind of sounds like a webring name doesn't it? :-)

10:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home