Sunday, November 12, 2006

Family Fiber Day

None of us really feel like going out anywhere today, so we're holding our own family fiber "guild" meeting. I have a peach cobbler ready to go in the oven and coffee ready to brew, so there are our treats. We each have projects ready to work on. Husband has discovered Lady Eleanor (from Scarf Style--just google it) but deemed the Silk Garden too expensive. He's working on a fibery blend to spin up to make yarn for his own version of the lovely Lady. The bats were soft beyond belief, so I feel sure his yarn will be glorious.

Daughter has two hats that require just a little more effort to be finished. She's procrastinating, though. Since one hat involves a very pricy skein of MY Noro yarn and the other is a Christmas gift that must be finished no later than mid-December, we've given her a mandate--finish the two hats before we'll even consider shopping for HER Christmas presents. Sometimes you gotta hit 'em where it hurts!

I am obsessed with the Forest Canopy Shoulder Shawl since seeing Carolyn mention it on her blog. I started mine last night. It just happened that some of the pattern specified Mountain Colors Weavers Wool was lurking in my stash, so that's what I'm using. The pattern is super simple and works up quickly. I'm using the color Marias Falls which the company describes as having Deep Blue with Purple, Warm Brown, Chocolate, and Dark Green. It is gorgeous!! I will be knitting on this at our family fiber meeting today.

My first yarn spun on my new Lendrum is drying as we speak. It turned out very well. Husband is impressed, I think, and that means a lot to me. My yarn is destined to become a hat and then we'll see how much is left before planning the next project.

I've been collecting up my odds and ends of wool to make a Kitty Pi bed for Mocha and Socks. Mocha loves cuddling up with my felted slippers, so I imagine he'd enjoy his own felted bed, too.

I'll post pictures of all this and more later in the week.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm looking forward to seeing your Forest Canopy shawl.

4:18 PM  
Blogger Abigale said...

Wow - It must be so wonderful to have other fiber freaks... erm enthusiasts so very close to you! I get so excited about my latest creations, and my family will say "oh, yeah, that's really nice" - but their eyes do tend to glaze over a bit, and they just don't really get it.

Though I would have a really hard time with the honey making scrummy batts and not being able to play with them myself. Could cause a bit of strife around my house.

4:54 PM  
Blogger Carolyn said...

Ha Ha! My second Forest Canopy Shawl is out of the Marias Falls, too!! Isn't that just TOO funny?

6:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OOH, the kitties will LOVE Kitty Pi. I have 3 in my house and they all get used regularly!

2:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home