Saturday, December 23, 2006

That's The Coolest Thing I've Ever Seen

We had my mom, brother, grandma, brother's girlfriend, and her little boy here for Christmas today. It was good having everyone. We had way too much food, of course, it it looks like I'll make it for the next few days without having too cook!

Believe it or not, we were gifted with yarn! Brother's GF got us two skeins of yarn from a shop in Asheville, NC. It's fru fru type yarn in really pretty blue shades that will make a great scarf! Brother gave us a gift certificate to the same yarn store, so I guess that means we need to make a trip to NC! I think my family is finally getting it about our fiber addiction! They commented about enjoying their visit to the store, how much fun they had, how gorgeous the yarn was, that they wanted one of each....Hmmmmm....future knitters? Maybe? I think that my brother is probably the most likely candidate, so maybe I need to start working on getting some needles and yarn into his hands.

The title of this post sums up my brother's response to his gift of an Alien Illusion Scarf! He was so excited about it that it made the staying up until midnight last night to finish it worth it! He's already wanting more illusion scarfs, so I'm scouring the internet in search of them. So far, I've found a cool skull and cross bones and some robots....I'm thinking skull and cross bones for myself and maybe for him if he's nice to me! We also gave some other knitted gifties--a ribbon yarn scarf for mom, an Eros type yarn scarf for brother's GF, and a simple shawl for Grandma. I think everyone liked those gifts. We got them some other store bought items, too, but the knitted things seemed to be the bigger hit....particularly with my brother.

Oh...we received a hand made gift from a friend of the family. His daughter makes fleece blankets--the kind where you layer two pieces of fleece and attach them with knitted fringe around the edges. Husband and I got one to share, and daughter got one of her own. They are great--so soft and heavy. They'll be perfect for snuggling. Our blanket even has a stripe of burgandy in it that is a great match to the new pillows I just bought for the sofa.

I'll try to post pictures later. I'm too exhausted to think about it tonight.

3 Comments:

Blogger amylovie said...

There is nothing better than when someone goes gaga over a knitted gift.

Amy

8:27 AM  
Blogger Life's a Stitch said...

I love the few days after a holiday when I don't have to cook and the house is loaded with savoury goodies. I'll pass on the chocolate, but give me olives and leftover shrimp cocktail.
Li

8:47 PM  
Blogger Rachel said...

So glad to hear you had a lovely Christmas. Missing you at the knittyboard!

Rachel

8:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home