Saturday, January 06, 2007

A Prosperous Distaff Day

We enjoyed the day with our guild--Peachtree Handspinners--celebrating Distaff Day. It's a long ride from here to Atlanta (a couple of hours) and the day started way too early for a Saturday, but it was worth it. There was a large and friendly crowd present, every kind of spinning wheel you can imagine, and loads of gorgeous stuff to look at and to buy. There were goodies aplenty to eat, too, as daughter and her friends could probably tell you! Every time I turned around, there was a gaggle of girls at the food tables!

I snagged some good bargains including a lot of patterns for $2 or $3 each, a skein of Big Kureyon that was too pretty to resist especially considering the bargain price, and the most gorgeous woven wrap you can imagine. It is soft and warm and just mmmmmm!

I'll post more details and photos tomorrow.

My Golding spindle did not arrive today as I was expecting. I hope it will come soon! I got to see a couple of Goldings in person today, and they are gorgeous spindles.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so glad you had an enjoyable day! You deserved it (all three of you!) But, I am sorry your Golding didn't come yet. But, she is worth the wait.

10:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was there on Saturday. Didn't realize you were who you are! It's awesome that you have your whole family involved in the spinning!

I was over with the group of spinners that was comprised of bloggers.

12:27 PM  
Blogger Pixiepurls said...

Im so sad I missed it this year, but I needed to get ride of my cold! Glad you had fun!

5:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home