Monday, May 07, 2007

They Could Have Danced All Night

Spring Formal has come and gone, and a wonderful time was had by all! We've been in a whirlwind around here just getting ready for the big event, so we're breathing a sigh of relief that it's done and that it was great!

Daughter and her date looked fabulous of course! They really look nice all dressed up. Here's the dignified pose.


And here are the fun-loving little jokers we know and love.


I don't have any knitting photos today. Lace in progress looks rather blah, don't you think? The only project I am truly working on is a lace shawl using the Forest Canopy pattern. I'm using Knitpicks yarn for this. I think it is shimmer--it's the 70% alpaca and 30% silk yarn whatever that one is named. The color is Stained Glass--a magenta, purple, and teal colorwary. I am loving it! The pattern is fairly easy, and it is coming out nicely in the laceweight yarn. I will likely use two skeins (880 yards) for my shawl. Thanks to my wonderful Knitty SP 8, I have a third skein of this color just in case. (She was a mind reader when it came to knowing the colors I truly love!)

5 Comments:

Blogger Hockey Mom said...

Oh, they are quite the lovely couple! Thanks for sharing.

2:57 PM  
Blogger Trillian42 said...

They look so cute! Your daughter is really quite the beauty!

3:37 PM  
Blogger turtlegirl76 said...

Oh, Donna! Your daughter is so beautiful! I know you're already so proud of her for other more worthy things but of all the FOs you have, this is the best one!

7:13 PM  
Blogger Beverly said...

Wow! She's such a belle with a little bit of impishness through in. Just perfect!

11:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How sweet! So glad they had a great time. Wow, that is some dress! And the date looks handsome too.

Can you believe I'm still filling your box? I am! I had the opportunity to get a few more things so I hope you do not mind the delay. Should make you smile :)

Yours only,
Your SP

4:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home