Friday, April 13, 2007

The Prodigal Blogger Returns

Yes, it has been a long time. We enjoyed a glorious spring break week before last, and it's been full speed ahead since returning to work/school on Tuesday. I'm having a heck of a time adjusting to getting up early again since sleeping in was the norm during break. I'm so glad I took that time off. Daughter and I did much of nothing, and it was good.

I managed to buy a new card reader for the digital camera, but it's still sitting here in the package. I'll try to get it hooked up over the weekend to share some things with you.

The yard is full of azaleas, roses, and even some iris. I took a few shots of those this week. We also have quite a few fringe trees in the woods along our property, and they have the nicest smell. I think the bees are in heaven with the blooms going on.

There's a yard light out back on a creosote pole. The pole has holes all in it that look as if a woodpecker or a few hundred have had a go at it. The pole also has new residents--a pair of nuthatches are nesting in it. They get very angry if we walk too close to the pole. I think I have a photo of one of the little birds peeking out of its nest. If so, I'll post that for you later.

Daughter wore her brand spanking new Green Gable to school today. It looks great on her if I do say so myself. I don't have a photo yet, but that, too, will be coming soon.

1 Comments:

Blogger Carolyn said...

Good to have your back. And I would love to see the pictures ;)

8:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home