Thursday, March 08, 2007

Curiouser and Curiouser

I received a package from my Knitty Secret Pal yesterday. Thanks, Pal! I love the Bryspun circular needles. They are some I've been wanting to try for a long time, but they are not available locally. Pal is trying to throw me off her trail it seems. This package came from a different state than the last one. Hmm.

Renovations are coming along great. We are so ready for them to be done. The house is in a bit of a mess right now, and my clean freak tendencies are about to get to me. Here are some photos from the "Fun Room" renovation.

Here are the French doors, or one set of them. There is another set on the other side of the room. Remember, this was a two-car garage, but we've replaced the garage doors with French doors to let light in.


This view shows the back view of the room as well as the nice columns that were built to cover up the ugly steel pipe supports.


Here is our wet bar area. It is also at the back of the room. To the left of the cabinets (when you are looking at the picture), we'll put in a refrigerator. There will be shelves on the right of the cabinets. I love those cabinets. They are maple. Our contractor had them left over from another job, so we got them at a discount. They are much nicer than I thought we'd have in this room.


I don't have any knitting to show. I have not felt much like knitting lately. I'm fighting off a stomach bug and adjusting to some new medication, and that has me rather worn down. I have been drooling over a couple of things in the new issue of Knitty, however. I like Isabella. There are also several nice sock patterns in this issue, but I've been "off" socks for a while.

3 Comments:

Blogger Carolyn said...

Wow!!! It is looking great. I know you will be pleased when it is all done.
Tell Donald I bought some of those itsy bitsy paint rollers and pans today. I can't wait to dye with them.

5:42 PM  
Blogger Life's a Stitch said...

We've been trying to get someone to come and replace our garage door with French doors, but anyone involved in construction is working on 2010 Olympic sites or million dollar houses. They don't want a teeny job like ours. Frustrating,
Li

8:18 PM  
Blogger Sherry W said...

Looks amazing so far!

10:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home