Thursday, March 29, 2007

A Picture Can't Do It Justice

Our LYS recently started carrying Tilli Thomas yarn. As luck would have it, their stock came in just as I was desperately seeking something special for my mother's birthday. She loves the knitted and woven things we make for her, so special yarn seemed to fit the bill perfectly!

I decided on a skein of Rock Star in Jade for Mom. I showed her the yarn this past weekend, and she loved it! I've since cast on for a scarf, and it is working up pretty well. The skein only had 100 yards (at $40 a pop!) so I am rather limited here. The yarn is so incredibly soft. The slight variations in the shading are beautiful, too, and the glass beads add a special pop. I don't think you can get the full effect of just how pretty this yarn is based on the photo.



I treated myself to a skein of Disco Lights in Coral. It has over twice as much yardage as the Rock Star. I'm not sure what I'll make just yet...

It is overcast here today. I hope that means we'll have some rain. The world is yellowish green and dusty at present--completely pollenated. You can see tracks in our drive where we pull the cars in through the pollen. I'm tired of it. My head and sinuses are tired of it. Ah....there is nothing like spring time in the south!

5 Comments:

Blogger anno said...

I'm pretty sure the yarn harlot was talking about this beady yarn just the other day.. it's nice to see a picture of it. I really can't imagine payin' that kind of money for such a little bit of yarn but I can imagine it's exquisite. :)

(just poppin' in to wave back to a fellow south carolinian :) I recognize your blog, I've been here before.. I think the last time I decided you were in some other part of SC than me.. right?)

8:39 PM  
Blogger Life's a Stitch said...

Yikes, what a treat. It looks very pretty.

10:31 PM  
Blogger Beverly said...

Mom's are worth the expense

In Columbia it rained just enough to make it messy.

10:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is some pretty yarn! Is the main yarn silk?

I was just ranting about the pollen in my last blog entry, too. It is horrible here in the upstate...yesterday it only rained enough to, as my son said, give my car yellow chicken pox.

11:57 AM  
Blogger Mary said...

I just bought some of that yarn (in that same colorway) and am trying to figure out what to do with it. How did your mom's scarf turn out?

2:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home