Thursday, December 25, 2008

A Bit of Respite

Finally, we're able to use half of our downstairs space--a bedroom and the family room. They are slowly coming back to order. The sunroom and laundry room are still an absolute disaster, but we're hopeful that today we'll clear at least some of the things out of the sunroom and into the bedroom. Then, we can tackle the upstairs! I feel that we'll be able to have things fairly well under control by the end of day tomorrow.

There is still repair work to be done, and that means one more day of enduring strangers in my house. I don't care how nice people are, it's unsettling to me to have outsiders in my home. Given that this has been a solid month now, it's a wonder I'm still sane.

We'll see some merriment today in terms of enjoying a nice meal. I've cooked a ham, my great aunt's broccoli, cheese, and rice casserole, and my parents' sweet potato casserole. As soon as daughter and husband finish assembling one of her Christmas gifts, I'll pop rolls into the oven to brown and we'll have our little feast. The sweet potatoes are usually a dish I only do at Thanksgiving, but since it's been such a hellacious month, I thought it would be a treat to have them again.

Daughter was delighted with her gifts. She got a drafting table and stool, a purse and wallet set, and her favorite cherry cordials. We're setting up an art studio in her room. One end of her room will be devoted to the art, television and book shelf, and the other end of her room will be the sleeping and relaxing area. I can't wait to help her finish it.

1 Comments:

Blogger turtlegirl76 said...

Merry Christmas, Donna!

8:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home